2 Chronicles.

2 Chronicles KWL.

2 Chronicles 7.

2Ch 7.12-22:
“If my people pray, I’ll heal their land.”
12 At night, the LORD appeared to Solomon and told him, “I hear your prayer.
I choose this place as my house of sacrifice.
13 Look: If I restrain the skies and don’t let it rain,
if I tell locusts to consume the land, if I send plague upon my people,
14 if my people, called by my name, submit and pray and seek my presence,
if they repent of their evil ways, I’ll hear from the heavens and pardon their sin. I’ll heal their land.
15 My eyes are open. My ears are attentive to the prayers of this place.
16 I now choose and sanctify this house to be for my name—there, forever.
My eyes and heart will be there every day.
17 And you: If you walk in my presence like your father David walked,
and do everything I instructed you—keep my rules and my rulings—
18 I’ll support the throne of your kingdom, as I arranged with your father David,
telling him, ‘Your man ruling Israel won’t be cut off.’
19 But if all of you turn away, quit my rules and instructions which I gave you,
and go serve other gods, and bow down to them,
20 I’ll pluck you off my ground which I gave you.
This house I sanctified for my name: I’ll fling it from my presence.
I’ll make it an object lesson—a warning to every people-group.
21 This house, which was once so great to every passerby, will be desolate.
They’ll say, ‘Why’d the LORD do this to this land, this house?’
22 They’ll hear about it, ‘They quit the LORD,
their ancestors’ God, who brought them out of Egypt’s land, and embraced other gods.
They worshiped and served them. So God brought all this evil on them.’”

2 Chronicles 16.

7 For the LORD’s eyes travel throughout the land,
to make hard, in heart, everyone who’s with him.

2 Chronicles 18.

2Ch 18.1-27:
Killing false prophets: Wanna bring it back?
1 Yehošafát became greatly rich and glorious, and became an in-law to Akháv.
2 After some years Yehošafát went down to Akháv, to Samaria.
Akháv sacrificed many sheep and cows for him and for his people.
He incited Yehošafát to go up to Ramót-Gilád—
3 Israel’s king Akháv told Judea’s king Yehošafát, “Will you go with me to Ramót-Gilád?”
Yehošafát told him, “Like me, like you.
Like my people, my people; and your people go to battle.”
4 Yehošafát told Israel’s king, “When it’s morning, please ask for the LORD’s word.”
5 Israel’s king assembled the prophets; about 400 men.
He told them, “Do we go to Ramót-Gilád, to battle, or stop?
They said, “Go up. Our master God puts it into the king’s hand.”
6 Yehošafát said, “There’s no prophet here to witness for the LORD? Let’s consult him.”
7 Israel’s king told Yehošafát, “One man witnesses. Consult the LORD through him—but I hate him.
For he doesn’t prophesy good for me, but evil: Mikáyhu ben Yimlá.”
Yehošafát said, “Don’t say that, King.”
8 Israel’s king called to one eunuch and said, “Quick: Mikáyhu ben Yimlá.”
9 Israel’s king, and Judea’s king Yehošafát, sat down, each man to a throne, dressed in cloaks,
at Samaria’s gate, the threshing-floor entrance. All the prophets prophesied before them.
10 Chidqiyyá ben Khenana made himself iron horns and said, “The LORD says this:
Gore Aram with these till they’re destroyed.”
11 All the prophets prophesied like this, saying, “Go up to Ramót-Gilád.
Be successful. The LORD puts it into the king’s hand.”
12 The messenger who went to call Mikáyhu spoke to him, saying, “Look:
The prophets speak good for the king with one mouth.
Now your message must be like one of their messages. Speak good.”
13 Mikáyhu said, “By the LORD’s life, if it’s a message the LORD God speaks to me, I speak it.”
14 Mikáyhu came to Israel’s king.
The king told him, “Mikáyhu, do we go to Ramót-Gilád, to battle, or stop?”
Mikáyhu said, “Go up. Be successful. The LORD puts it in your hand.”
15 The king told Mikáyhu, “How many times must I put you under oath?
Tell me nothing but the truth, by the LORD’s name.”
16 Mikáyhu said, “I see all Israel scattered on the hills,
like a flock which has no one to shepherd them.
The LORD said, ‘No masters for them! Return each man to his house in peace.’ ”
17 Israel’s king told Yehošafát, “Didn’t I tell you?
He doesn’t prophesy good for me, but evil.”
18 Mikáyhu said, “So hear the LORD’s word. I see the LORD sitting down on his seat.
Heavens entire army stands round him, at his right and left hand.
19 The LORD says, ‘Who’s buggering Akháv, Israel’s king, so he attacks and fails at Ramót-Gilád?’
Ohe says, ‘I’ll do it like this,’ and another says, ‘I’ll do it like this.’
20 A spirit comes, stands before the LORD’s face, and says, ‘I’ll bugger him.’
21 The LORD says to it, ‘How?’
It says, ‘I go out and become like an untrue spirit in the mouths of all the prophets.’
The LORD says, ‘Go bugger him. You’ll also be successful. Go and do so.’
22 Now look: The LORD puts an untrue spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours.
The LORD speaks evil upon you.”
23 Chidqiyyá ben Khenana went up and punched Mikáyhu in the jaw.
He said, “Is this how the LORD’s spirit goes from me to bring a message to you?”
24 Mikáyhu said, “Look, you’ll see—on the same day when you go hide in a room inside a room.”
25 Israel’s king said, “Take Mikáyhu. Bring him back to Amon the mayor and Yohaš the king’s son.
26 Say, ‘The king says this: Put this man under house arrest.
Give him prison-bread to eat and prison-water to drink till I return in peace.”
27 Mikáyhu said, “If you return in peace, the LORD didn’t speak by me.”
He said, “Listen, everyone!”